Known as the thriving IT hub of India, Bangalore is home to jaw-dropping skyscrapers, man-made gardens, and imposing monuments. With visitors flying into the city from all over the world, crowds enjoying classy locales and upbeat nightlife throng Bangalore. There comes a time when every individual looks for a break from this maddening crowd, deafening traffic, and busy schedule. Bangalore is surrounded by glorious natural splendour in the lap of which luxurious, therapeutic resorts have been constructed. Take a break from the monotony of routine and go on a refreshing weekend getaway at one of these resorts in Bangalore, within a span of 100 km.
- Guhantara Resort, Off Kanakapura Road: This definitely offers a one of a kind experience. The country’s first underground resort, Guhantara is designed to resemble a cave resort. A thrilling yet relaxing weekend or vacation awaits guests at this location. A friendly staff and well-planned activities ensure that the guests are pleasantly engaged. There is even an option to unwind and relax in the in-house spa, Agastya Kuteera. The resort is located 35 km from the Bengaluru Railway Station and 85 km from the International Airport.
- Golden Palms Resort, Tumkur Road: Indeed an oasis, Golden Palms is one of the finest five-star resorts near Bengaluru. Located off Tumkur road, this haven for a relaxed weekend is about 25 km from the city. Plan an entire vacation or just escape for a day outing at this luxurious resort. It stands out with its plush services, kind hospitality, state-of-the-art facilities, and engaging activities. The resort is known to house one of the biggest swimming pools in India. Spend your time lazing in the water or sweat it out at the tennis and squash courts. Well-equipped conference halls and a game centre are perfect for group-trips. To add a splash of color to your vacation, spend some time in the resort’s art center.
- Bheemeshwari Adventure and Nature Camp, Kaveri River: For adventure seekers and nature lovers, the Adventure and Nature Camp at Bheemeshwari is the ideal destination. Situated on the banks of the River Kaveri about 100 km from Bangalore, this resort brings to visitors an exclusive opportunity of paying attention to nature and the calming murmurs of the river. With 8 ethnic styled log-huts constructed on stilts, the resort has well-facilitated tents, luxury cottages, and even an enthralling bamboo hut. Several exciting activities such as coracle rides, ropewalk, zip lining, and much more are organised for the guests.
- Mango Mist Resort, Harapanahalli: If you are a green warrior looking to book resorts around Bangalore, Mango Mist stands out as the best eco-friendly choice. With charming cottages and treehouses, the area offers innumerable opportunities for adventure games. Enjoy the fish spa and the verdant atmosphere with sprawling grounds heavily dotted with mango trees. The resort takes you back to your childhood, when summers were spent running about mango trees and feasting on the delicious golden fruit. Located in the Anekal Taluk, the resort is about 25 km away from the city.
- The Urban Valley, Kanakapura Main Road: Merely 45 minutes from the city, the Urban Valley resort provides visitors with world-class amenities. With an inbuilt lake providing a picturesque view, this property is adorned with pine trees and red flowering. One of the best Bangalore resorts, it is ideal for adventure enthusiasts who can participate in paintball, biking sports, basketball, squash, wall climbing and much more. With beautiful surrounding and acres of green land, the resort provides a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere to unwind in with its shimmering fountains and shady trees. Take a break from the city lights and bask in the sunlight, stroll through the green fields, or just sit by the shacks for a one-on-one with nature.
- Outback Farm & Homestay, Bannerghatta: Considered one of the best budget Bangalore resorts, the Outback is perched on the borders of the city, near the forests of Bannerghatta. Spend a relaxing weekend with friends or loved ones, indulging in activities such as trekking, boating, fishing, cycling, bird watching and much more. The camp resort is more of an experience than a facility to spend the weekends in. Guests love to bask in the warmth of the campfire while enjoying the peace and quiet of nature. With spacious rooms that have private jacuzzis, the resort is a one-of-a-kind experience with nature, away from the hustle-bustle of Bengaluru.
After a hectic week of the mundane work life, the need of the hour is to unwind and take it easy, while not wanting to drive long distances to get away from the chaotic city life. With luxurious, calming and green resorts located within 100 km from Bangalore, you can enjoy a much-needed respite within a short drive. For visitors who prefer to stay away from the city, there are several Bengaluru resorts near airport such as the Clarks Exotica, Olde Bangalore, Windflower Prakruti and many more. These properties are perfectly designed for the relaxed isolation you are looking for.