I was inspired to create a book challenge between me and my friend after watching the Jamie vs Beth vs Whytnee – 2014 Reading Challenge video. As if there weren’t enough things to accomplish this year I had to add another one by creating a book challenge for my fellow book loving friend and I!
We decided to keep it simple and give each other 5 of our favorite books that we want the other to read for the year. My friend came up with the idea of giving a review for each book we read. I’ll be doing the reviews here on my blog so watch out for that.
My 5 picks for my friend are:
- The Last Convertible by Anton Myrer
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Circle of Friends-by Maeve Binchy
- Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
- The Ragged Edge by John Christopher
Her 5 picks for me are:
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
I’m really excited to start this because her opinion is one I value and treasure. Books in a way can give insight to the person, who they are and what they stand for. It also makes for great discussions and the best thing about our friendship is we can be honest and challenge the other.
Do you have any book challenges for 2014?