Above everything else my family’s health is most important. I once heard about a wealthy businessman who could afford anything but because he had failing health he had to sustain on a diet of crackers and bland soup. That has stayed with me and been a significant part in ensuring my kids stay healthy.
Despite that though and with the way our economy is drastically spiraling and environment is destabilizing more and more people are getting sick. One way to have some security is to have health care from a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) that can alleviate expenses and give us the assurance to seek medical attention when needed.
It can be quite costly to maintain a health card for the family but more and more HMO companies are emerging and now there are affordable plans. PhilCare opened the first e-Commerce site for healthcare products in 2014. To provide affordable healthcare they adapted an online voucher system. With the ER Vantage Plus you can easily purchase a healthcare option online, activate it and the get a personalized voucher which will be valid for 1 year.
ER Vantage Plus is a one-time use healthcare benefit that covers emergency care and hospitalization in over 500+ PhilCare-accredited hospitals nationwide. It covers viral and bacterial illnesses, treatment of injuries resulting from accidents (except for stroke) and gives Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit of P50,000.
The whole process only takes a few clicks and entry of your personal information.
- Customer goes to PhilCare’s online shop and clicks on ER Vantage Plus to purchase.
- Once purchase and payment is confirmed, PhilCare automatically sends an email containing the registration details (voucher number, serial number, and PIN code) of the customer and the registration link.
- After successful registration, the customer readily receives his ER Vantage Plus voucher, with unique certificate number (identification number as a PhilCare member) validity period, and the complete product details.
- The plan is activated and becomes valid seven (7) days from registration date.
- After validation, ER Vantage Plus is ready for use.
The ER Vantage Plus healthcare benefit covers the following:
- Doctors’ fees
- Laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Room and board (PhilHealth is required for the availment during hospital confinement)
- Medicines (except vaccines) as medically necessary during confinement, except for cases declared as non-coverable
- Special modalities of treatment which are medically necessary during ER and confinement and subject to P5,000 limit
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as medically necessary during ER and confinement
Some emergency cases that qualify include but are not limited to the following: (a) Massive Bleeding; (b) Acute Appendicitis; (c) Fractures/multiple injuries secondary to accidents; (d) Convulsions; (e) illnesses or conditions resulting in moderate or severe dehydration such as diarrhea or fever; and (f) Syncope. Pre-existing conditions and those conditions under the general exclusions of PhilCare are not covered. You can read more about the ER Vantage Plus coverage here.
Payment can be made through the following:
- Over the counter through PhilCare and Philplans offices, banks, and M. Lhuillier
- Credit card auto-debit arrangement (CCDA)
- Post-dated check payments
- Online through Dragonpay
Give your family security with affordable health care to have peace of mind and easy access to medical benefits.by