How long has it been since you’ve changed your chopping board? I have to admit it’s been awhile for us. I decided to get a new one and saw Ikea Chopping Boards I could choose from.
First some facts:
- Chopping boards are commonly made of wood or plastic
- Chopping boards sometimes use color coordination to determine food used on the board and to prevent cross-contamination
- Chopping boards should be examined for wear regularly, particularly for cracks or cuts which can hold bacteria or cause knives to become blunt
Plastic Cutting Boards are easy to clean (dishwasher safe) and doesn’t absorb bacteria (nonporous)
- Make sure that your cutting boards stay dry (bacteria thrive on moisture) and store your cutting boards upright in a rack to allow air flow
- Does your cutting board have lots of deep knife cuts, scratches or grooves? This could be a breeding ground for bacteria which means it’s time to replace them. A well-cared for cutting board could keep on going for years.
After looking at a few Ikea chopping boards I decided on this Ikea LEGITIM Chopping Board in White. It’s a good sized chopping board.
- Length: 34 cm
- Width: 24 cm
- Thickness: 8 mm
It’s dishwasher-safe and made of polyethylene.
Here are my other Ikea chopping board finds.
I love the colors of the IKEA LEGITIM Chopping Board set of 2 which comes in green and blue. This gives you a choice in sizes.
They had an IKEA DRÄLLA Bendable Chopping Board, a set of 2 which comes in green and red. This chopping board set is flexible which makes it easier to pour the cut food.
I was tempted to get this but being that my husband would be using it the most I knew he would rather have something more traditional.
Stay tuned for more Ikea shopping finds!