I’ve been focusing on my blog more and after having decided to host it and buy a domain it feels terrific to receive an acknowledgement from a fellow blogger. Adelien over at Blessed Learners whose website I’ve thoroughly enjoyed nominated me for the Sunshine Award. They are a fellow homeschooling family from Surabaya, Indonesia. She has plenty of helpful topics and interesting views.
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
I love ice cream and eat it like there’s no tomorrow.
I read every chance I get even if it’s just for 2 minutes.
I need to read to fall asleep unless I’m exceptionally tired.
I always have a song playing in my head.
I have a temper which may be surprising to some.
I dream of going to Italy.
I’m bad at math but am quite detailed when it comes to balancing the family budget.
I can achieve whatever I put my mind to.
I can’t swim.
I have a fear of heights.
I’m NOT an animal lover.
11 Questions from Adelien to me:
1. Give 3 reasons why you blog, please.
I love to write and enjoy challenging myself.
2. Do you have any schedule of blogging? Please share how it works.
I’ve tried to write at least thrice a week but it has been difficult. I have a blog planner that I use to schedule posts. I’ve just joined a blog challenge wherein I need to write a post for all 31 days of October. Good luck to me!
3. Have you been to Indonesia? Which part of Indonesia would you visit or have you visited?
I haven’t visited Indonesia but would love to go to Bali.
4. Do you play musical instrument? What is it? (if you play) or What might you be interested to play? (if you don’t)
I don’t play an instrument but if I had a chance to learn one it would be the piano.
5. If you have children, what is your favourite time to spend with them? If you don’t, what might be the favourite time to spend with children?
I have 3 children and I enjoy reading, watching movies and eating ice cream with them.
6. What are your 2 favourite Fiction books?
I like Harry Potter and The Last Convertible.
7. What are your 2 favourite Non-fiction books?
I like to read crime novels so for non-fiction I would have to go with books like The Evil That Men Do: FBI Profiler Roy Hazelwood’s Journey Into the Minds of Sexual Predators and Portrait Of A Killer: Jack The Ripper — Case Closed
8. Whom do you think is the best blogger mentor for you and what is his or her website?
I consider Blogelina and Michelle Schaeffer to be inspirations for my blog. They have a lot of sound advice that I’ve been able to apply.
9. How do you usually spend your weekend?
I usually catch up on my reading, watch a couple of movies and spend time with my husband and children.
10. Which part of your country do you like best and would like to promote?
I like El Nido, Palawan.
11. What is your favourite food you cook?
I don’t cook much because my husband is the chef (he’s from Pampanga) but when I do I like to cook spaghetti.
My 11 nominees are as follows:
11 Questions the nominees need to answer.
1. What inspires you to blog?
2. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
3. If you could go back in time what year would you choose and why?
4. What food do you run to when you’re depressed?
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
6. What is your job and do you love what you do?
7. If you could change your name what would you change it to?
8. How do you spend your free time?
9. What is the one place on earth that you would want to be stuck on?
10. How old do you feel?
11. Have you ever done anything dangerous and why?